We are currently gearing up for Christmas 2015!
And we need YOUR help!
100% of every donation goes directly to helping children in need and their foster families!
“Holidays are stressful. We are all familiar with the stress associated with the holidays…. From shopping, wrapping, baking, hosting parties, attending parties, and everything in between. But for children in foster care, the holidays can be especially painful. They miss their first family. They experience painful memories that are triggered by the little things. They get overstimulated by all the hustle and bustle that inevitably come with Christmas.
Fostering Foundations is God sent for many foster families, easing the burden (financially and emotionally) by providing Christmas gifts for children in care! For the last several years, my family has been blessed by Fostering Foundations over and over again. The way they serve and love allows us as foster parents the opportunity to focus on what’s really important (the hurting children and the true meaning of Christmas). Christmas at its core is all about HOPE for what is to come. And Fostering Foundations epitomizes HOPE for the families they serve in our community.” – Lenhart Family (Youth and Family Service’s foster family)
Every year, Fostering Foundations provides Christmas wish list items, including toys, coats, clothes and shoes, to kids in foster care, children in shelters, and teenagers who have aged out. Additionally, we provide gift baskets full of necessities, games, treats and more, to foster families. Our reach expands from the Youth and Family Services children’s shelter in El Reno, to the Mid-Del Youth and Family Center children’s shelter in Midwest City, to the Maudie Hirschi children’s shelter in Guthrie.
Last Christmas, we provided:
- Santa Wish List presents for children spending Christmas at the Youth and Family Services children’s shelter in El Reno
- Wish list presents for Youth and Family Service’s foster children
- Gift baskets, including gift cards, family games, desserts, etc. for foster families
- Wish list presents for teenagers who aged out of the system and live in Youth and Family Service’s sponsored apartments
- Tablets and stuffed stockings for children at the Mid-Del Youth and Family Center and Maudie Hirschi children’s shelters
- A Christmas party in the Founder’s home for the kids at the Youth and Family Services children’s shelter, which allowed them the opportunity to go to a ‘real’ home to celebrate Christmas. We had a traditional Christmas meal, did some face painting, decorated Christmas bags, and Santa Claus paid each of the children a visit, and brought them each a personalized Christmas present (tablets).
Fostering Foundations counts on donations from the public to be able to continue our Christmas assistance and year-round support of foster families and children.
This Christmas, we are in need of:
- 30 + tablets for children spending Christmas in shelters (We buy tablets every year because we never know what age or gender the children will be, and many come in last minute)
- Stockings and stocking stuffers for children spending Christmas in shelters
- Gift cards for foster families (restaurants, grocery stores, Walmart, family fun places)
- Family games, books, desserts, entertainment items, etc. for foster family gift baskets
- Toys, coats, clothes and shoes for numerous foster children and aged-out teenager’s Christmas wish lists
We are also always in need of monetary donations to make everything we do possible. Please consider us for your tax deductible donation this year! Donations can be made by clicking the secure Paypal donation button on our homepage.
Please email us at email@example.com with any comments or questions!